Sunday, November 11, 2007

Underwater Pumpkin Carving Contest




Well, here we go! I have finally been able to log into my Blogger, so that I can bring you up to date!!! A girl must clear her "CACHE" and "HISTORY" in her "Internet Options" area, then log off and then log back in, so that she has a clean computer to do this....so....I have done all that and now I can bring you all up to date, and hope to keep you up to date.....thanks to Freia and Rob!!




I have now been back in Canada for almost a year. It is weird to think that this time last year, I was living my dream of being a scuba instructor and living on a Caribbean Island!!! Shortly there after, I got sick with Dengue and decided to return to Canada. That life is only pictures now....fond pictures, but just that...... pictures......but that is okay too.......because....

I am enjoying myself here in Victoria, on Canada's west coast (we call it the WET COAST, because of all the rain in winter....no snow....just rain). I have a good job. Though it is not my dream job, it is enabling me to live and dive, and visit my friends and family. There is also the hope that I will be able to visit Holland in the next year or two, to do some diving with my Dutch friends!!!
I have just returned from doing an Underwater Pumpkin Carving contest!!! Yup, you got it.....just like it sounds....wrestle a pumpkin full of air, to the bottom of the marina....and start carving with your dive knife!!!! It is fun, and the prizes are very good. I have done it every year. It is so much fun, no matter how cold the weather is outside... I would have liked to have done it in Curacao if the pumpkins had not cost a small fortune!!! As they are grown here, they are very cheap.....I have to learn how to attach pictures (that is my next project), but here is one for fun......
Keep in touch.....love you all.....Caroline in Canada

1 comment:

Rob & Freia said...

Hey honey... Glad to see you back online - with a little help :-) Wauw, a year goes fast he! Especially this one, remember last year when you helped me decorate my first real Christmas tree ever... Lots of fun though :-))

Happy to hear that you don't regret going back or are at least happy to be back.. It reminds me of Bruce Springsteen's 'the river' when he says: "Is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?" Anyways.. you'll always have your memories, pics.. nobody can take that away!! Love, Freia xxx